Tuesday, September 20, 2016

Newsletter week of 09.19.16

09/20/16
Dear parents and guardians,

Please let me know if you have any questions about the TB testing. I emailed all parents that I have an email for. I also sent home a paper copy of the TB information and registration forms. 

Important dates:
Early Release will be on October 5th and 6th.
No school will be on October 7th and October 14th. 
Parent Conferences will be held on October 6th and 7th.

If you have not signed up for Parent Conferences please email, call, or dojo message me to sign up for a time. These are the times that I still have available:
Thursday, October 6th
4:20-4:35, 4:40-4:55, & 5:40-5:55
Friday, October 7th
8:20-8:35, 8:40-8:55, 9:00-9:15, 9:40-12:35 (several time slots available) & 1:20-1:35

If you would like to buy a yearbook, I know it seems pretty early, but if you purchase it before September 30th you get 15% off. Go to www.TreeRing.com/validate
Our school code is: 1013541466294066

Spelling Words: sweet, each, three, freedom, least, below, throat, float, flow, foam, greet, season, croak, eagle, shallow, indeed, rainbow, grown, hollow, seaweed
Bonus Words: Halloween, cocoa, seacoast, speedometer, underneath

Vocabulary Words:
elections- an act of choosing by vote
naval- having to do with ships
barracks- housing soldiers or prisoners
internment- placing people in camps
horizon- the line where the earth meets sky

Grammar Focus: Subject and Predicates
Complete Subject: My grandfather from Japan traveled to California.
Simple Subject: My grandfather from Japan traveled to California.
The predicate is the part of the sentences that tells what the subject is or does. All the words in the predicate are called the complete predicate. The simple predicate, or verb, is the most important word in the complete predicate.
Complete Predicate: My grandfather from Japan traveled to California.
Simple Predicate: My grandfather from Japan traveled to California.

Thank you for all of your hard work and I hope you have a wonderful week.

Miss Durrance,
Fourth Grade Teacher
Sgdurranceclassroom.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment